TRAIN FOR DIGITAL MARKETING GAIN
Advancing Online Education to Further Marketing Automation
With more than $1.5 trillion spent on marketing and communications worldwide, and a multitude of new media channels requiring customized marketing support, there are significant incentives for global enterprises to improve their digital marketing skills. To address these market imperatives, the CMO Council plans to provide global leadership in addressing the urgent need to expand, equip and upgrade the digital marketing workforce.
CMO Council Advocacy and Authority Leadership
The authority leadership initiative will collectivize key stakeholders with vested interests in building digital marketing proficiency, acumen and capacity to deploy and fully utilize marketing technology solutions. This includes media groups, digital advertising channels, device makers and connectivity services, marketing solution vendors, technology integrators, cloud-based application platforms, digital advertising networks, learning and training companies, agencies and consultants, communications service providers, as well as professional associations.
The CMO Council will mobilize its 15,000-plus members to actively engage in furthering the capabilities of internal digital marketing teams, the knowledge of its marketing and business leaders, as well as the performance of its marketing supply chain. This will include:
- Establishment of a Training and Education Center within the CMO Council’s new Solution Sourcing Center, a new destination and resources for senior marketers looking to identify marketing technology solutions, training, education and resources for the modern marketing team
- Training Sourcing Certified by the CMO Council, including a directory of qualified training providers
- Strategic brief on “Charting a New Course to Grow the Digital Marketing Workforce”
- Global member audit of skills and proficiencies – “Map Your Digital Marketing Training Gap”
- Webinars, workshops and roundtables – “Certify to Multiply Digital Marketing Performance”
- “It’s Critical to Develop Digital” PR advocacy, symposium series and dinner dialogues
Training and Education Sourcing with the Solution Sourcing Center
As a key element to the CMO Council’s upcoming Solution Sourcing Center, the Training & Education Center will be central to the campaign, featuring CMO Council Certified Training programs and providers. This online resource will activate and engage the council’s global database of 70,000+ marketing and agency professionals in the review, evaluation and selection of training solutions and services. It will draw on trusted peer-based experience, knowledge, insight and procurement practices, as well as business use cases that evidence the value and ROI of digital marketing training investments.
The Training & Education Center will be a dedicated decision support area on the CMO Council’s Solution Sourcing Center site, but will also be featured and promoted on the CMO Council master site, which attracts 50,000 page views a month, dedicated campaign microsites focused on digital marketing performance, as well as its quarterly digital magazine PeerSphere and monthly Marketing Magnified eJournal.
CMO Council members control more than $500 billion in annual aggregated marketing expenditures, and according to recent research, feel that now, more than ever, their jobs could be at risk if technology investments fail to meet expectations. With global IT spending expected to increase by 6.2 percent from 2017 and approach $3.7 trillion in 2018 (Gartner), marketers account for a growing percentage of this. In addition to this, CMOs are allocating 22% of their budget to marketing technology, and 67% of CMOs are increasing their digital spend. However, according to recent CMO Council research, 61 percent of marketing leaders anticipate needing to replace, upgrade or enhance up to 50 percent of existing marketing technologies in the coming year.
Training Center Services and Content Offerings
Training course developers, online education platforms, academic institutions, technology vendors and integrators will have the ability to profile their courses and learning programs, provide demos and video endorsements from customers, as well as have CMO Council review board members (transitioning or retired chief marketers) conduct a standardized due diligence in order to become certified by the CMO Council’s Digital Marketing Performance Institute. Council members globally will be invited to post comments, recommendations and relate training experiences. Areas of conversation, commentary and rating of training modules and offerings will be password- protected for CMO Council member or subscriber access only. The Council will also work with third-party experts to provide buyer guides, online tutorials, workshops and webinars around best practices to training selection and implementation.
Services and content offered by the Certified Training Sourcing Center will include:
- Training provider profiles, value propositions and course descriptions
- Video demos, Q+A segment and/or taped introductions to training options
- Training buyer guides, insights and research reports
- Evaluation/selection guidelines and needs assessment tools
- Training program certification and third-party evaluation
- Peer-based reviews, recommendations and learnings
- Best practice approaches to training program delivery
- Interactive webinars with experts and consultants