TRAIN FOR DIGITAL MARKETING GAIN
Advancing Online Education to Further Marketing Automation
With more than $1.5 trillion spent on marketing and communications worldwide, and a multitude of new media channels requiring customized marketing support, there are significant incentives for global enterprises to improve their digital marketing skills. To address these market imperatives, the CMO Council plans to provide global leadership in addressing the urgent need to expand, equip and upgrade the digital marketing workforce.
CMO Council Advocacy and Authority Leadership
The authority leadership initiative will collectivize key stakeholders with vested interests in building digital marketing proficiency, acumen and capacity to deploy and fully utilize marketing technology solutions. This includes media groups, digital advertising channels, device makers and connectivity services, marketing solution vendors, technology integrators, cloud-based application platforms, digital advertising networks, learning and training companies, agencies and consultants, communications service providers, as well as professional associations.
The CMO Council will mobilize its 10,000-plus members to actively engage in furthering the capabilities of internal digital marketing teams, the knowledge of its marketing and business leaders, as well as the performance of its marketing supply chain. In 2016, this will include:
- Dedicated online portal and curated content channel for CMO Council members
- Certified Training Sourcing Center with qualified training provider directory
- Strategic brief on “Charting a New Course to Grow the Digital Marketing Workforce”
- Global member audit of skills and proficiencies – “Map Your Digital Marketing Training Gap”
- Webinars, workshops and roundtables – “Certify to Multiply Digital Marketing Performance”
- “It’s Critical to Develop Digital” PR advocacy, symposium series and dinner dialogues
Certified Training Sourcing Center
Central to the campaign will be the Certified Training Sourcing Center. This online resource will activate and engage the council’s global database of 70,000 marketing and agency professionals in the review, evaluation and selection of training solutions and services. It will draw on trusted peer-based experience, knowledge, insight and procurement practices, as well as business use cases that evidence the value and ROI of digital marketing training investments.
The Certified Training Sourcing Center will be a dedicated decision support area on the CMO Council’s Digital Marketing Performance Institute web site (www.onlineperformance.org). It will also be featured and promoted on the CMO Council master site, which attracts 50,000 page views a month, as well as its quarterly digital magazine PeerSphere and monthly Marketing Magnified eJournal. CMO Council members control more than $500 billion in annual aggregated marketing expenditures and, according to Gartner, CMOs will influence more IT spend than the CIO by 2017. With total IT spending expected to approach $4 billion in 2016 (Gartner), marketers account for a growing percentage of this. According to ChiefMarTec.com channel, some $21.8 billion has been invested in marketing technology ventures and there are nearly 3,000 applications across nearly 30 categories of products.
Training Center Services and Content Offerings
Training course developers, online education platforms, academic institutions, technology vendors and integrators will have the ability to profile their courses and learning programs, provide demos and video endorsements from customers, as well as have CMO Council review board members (transitioning or retired chief marketers) conduct a standardized due diligence in order to become certified by the CMO Council’s Digital Marketing Performance Institute. Council members globally will be invited to post comments, recommendations and relate training experiences. Areas of conversation, commentary and rating of training modules and offerings will be password- protected for CMO Council member or subscriber access only. The Council will also work with third-party experts to provide buyer guides, online tutorials, workshops and webinars around best practices to training selection and implementation.
Services and content offered by the Certified Training Sourcing Center will include:
- Training provider profiles, value propositions and course descriptions
- Video introductions, Q+A segment and/or self-running demos
- Training buyer guides, insights and research reports
- Evaluation/selection guidelines and needs assessment tools
- Training program certification and third-party evaluation
- Peer-based reviews, recommendations and learnings
- Best practice approaches to training program delivery
- Interactive webinars with experts and consultants